Timekeeping has been at the heart of Tiffany & Co. since the 1850s, when Charles Tiffany installed a clock above the entrance to his newly-built store at 550 Broadway. The legendary clock was held up by a statue of Atlas, inspiring the Atlas collection’s name. Tiffany also began a collaboration with Antoine Norbert de Patek at this time, building a foundation for the highest standards in timekeeping. In 1868, Tiffany made America’s first stopwatch. And six years later Tiffany also established a beachhead in Swiss watchmaking when it opened a four-story manufacturing facility in Geneva.